A lot more difficult than it looks. I still need to get over the idea that quite a few people might be reading something that I consider similar to a diary. Nonetheless, this is the best idea to stay in touch with everyone while I'm gone for basically three years.
Like most people, I think I am insane, too. I never could see myself settling into a nice teaching position in a suburb right after college. I have always wanted to travel to a part of Africa to teach and join the Peace Corps. Both seemed almost impossible to accomplish yet in 3 months I will be leaving for Ghana to complete my student teaching following a quick departure to Asia in January to serve in the Peace Corps for 27 months. Now it just seems more impossible to leave.
I am a fortunate woman. I have a close knit family, a group of friends that motivate me, and numerous opportunities presented to me each year. How could I just leave all that behind? Most people don't understand my reasoning and probably will never. Sometimes I don't either. But there is no other time for me to "follow my dreams," as my daddy keeps telling me. That is why I need to teach in another country. To give my attempt to change the world, as naive as that sounds.
No comments:
Post a Comment