Student teaching is taking over my life. I have never put so much effort into something, however. Like a real adult, I wake up at 6 every morning. After about 3 minutes of feeling absolutely exhausted I shoot right up, take a nice warm shower and can't get to the classroom soon enough. In fact, I have gotten to the school progressively earlier each day.
Nonetheless, it has been hard to make time for my family and friends. In fact, my mom even thought I was mad at her. When I realize how little time I have seen them in the past two weeks I get a shooting pain of guilt...especially since my trip begins in little over a month.
As the weeks have gone by, though, I feel more at ease with my decision to stay home. I have been able to focus on student teaching, earn money and spend time with Joe. But most importantly, I have been able to stay with my mom. On August 31st, my mommy had lower back surgery. Being my first time in the hospital, I think I was more nervous than she was. She made it through the surgery and home from the hospital in a day and a half...I was happy to have her home. Being able to be home, even if I still feel like I barely see her, has been absolutely great. While making my decision to graduate early, I had no clue that my mom would need surgery. I guess everything does work out for the best, as I'm starting to realize. She is doing much better now and has a change of attitude toward everything. It makes me so happy to see her smiling again because she's not in pain as much anymore. It can only get better from here! I just hope that with my time I have left, I will able to spend as much time as possible with her. I know I will have the hardest time separating from my mom but I guess there's a time in everyone's life when we have to grow up...
As for now, I'm going to enjoy the daily hugs from my mom and curling up next to her on the couch when I can!
No comments:
Post a Comment